About Yours Truly
Hi. I’m Nicole and I love all things wedding.
I’m a bubbly twenty-something who refused to spend more than $10,000.00 on my wedding.
I live in the D.C. area and don’t believe in spending the down payment for my house on a one-day party.
I love writing, love all things wedding, love food (cooking it and eating it), love decorating things (we bought our first house just 6 months before getting married); I coach varsity cheerleading at the high school near our house (Go Bulldogs!), I am crazy about my crazy family, and I live for the people I love. I work in marketing and absolutely love what I do. I really, really love what I do. I consider myself pretty lucky.
We have two wonderful children of the four-legged variety, we’re HUGE Redskins fans, we love grilling out, drinking beer, watching movies, and lots of other stuff.
This blog documents our wedding planning and budget, other couples’ real weddings, any other wedding-related things, and frankly, it’s a place for me to get all my wedding-blabber out so I don’t bore/annoy Mr. Man to death with it. And while posts have slowed down a bit since we got married (September 2011), I’m still here, alive, and posting!
Oh, and I want to be a blogger when I grow up.
About Mr. Man
He’s not much of a talker. I (hi again) do most of the talking; but that’s okay. Mr. Man loves football. Really loves it; he knows everything there is to know about it, blogs about it, eats, breathes, sleeps, bleeds it. I think this is a good thing; as he’s dragged me in with him – we look forward to Sundays (read: REDSKINS FOOTBALL), good snacks (provided by yours truly), and beer!
Mr. Man hails from Michigan — well, his family does. He loves American muscle cars, sports (bigtime Washington Caps fans, too), our doggies, and me (duh)!
About Our Big Day
- Location:A great little historic site about 5 miles from where I grew up, in Great Falls, Virginia
- Total Cost: $1975.00 (for 11 hours)
- Date: September 24, 2011
- Colors: Grey/Black/Orange/Yellow/Teal
- Theme: Think backyard cookout… but more fun.
- Food: BBQ! Pork, Chicken, Baked Beans, Slaw, Pickles (homemade!), COOKIES
- Total Cost: $1297.83
- Drink:Beer & Wine
- Costs: $300
- Dress: Plain Jane. No frills. Pockets. Cost me $289.
- Veil: no thank you
- The Boys: Grey tuxes. Yellow/orange bouts. Black ties.
- The Girls: Black eyelet lace pencil dresses with a sweetheart neckline, gold flat sandals.
- The Ceremony: Quick and dirty. Justice of the Peace.