I just got engaged, just started planning, am totally overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. Help?
I have one word for you: elope. Seriously, though. There’s nothing wrong with running away and having a small intimate ceremony.
But, alas, that’s not for all of us, so if you’re intending on putting on a shin-dig for your family and friends to celebrate your nuptials, here are a few tips on getting started:
- Come up with a simple budget in Excel. Need inspiration? Google it.
- Prioritize. This is a huge theme throughout my blog. What’s most important to you? What are you willing to spend the most on? Come up with a list together with your beau. Oh, and thank me for this later.
- Google s’more. Find an online/free wedding planner… Wedding Wire has a great one, all you’ve gotta do is register for a free account. Use this. It is your bible.
- Save receipts. Stick ‘em in an envelope, stick ‘em to the wall, whatever strikes your fancy… but the paper reminder of what you’ve spent and where you stand budget-wise is uber importante ["eem-pohr-ton-tay"].
- Don’t forget to breathe (also importante)
You must read other wedding blogs. What are they?
Well, here are some of my faves… for the rest check out the Link Love page above!
Can I link to your blog and share your content on my blog or website?
Absolutely. All I ask is that you give me credit where it’s due. Whether an image or a post, please link back — and feel free to shoot me an email with a heads up that you’re featuring something off my blog; that way I can promote your post too!
Are you for hire?
Sure? I mean, I’d love to help you with your Big Day. Do I do it for a living? Sure don’t. But, I’d be happy to give you some advice, pro-bono… and eventually I think it’d be pretty stellar to actually for real help with planning. In the meanwhile, feel free to email me and pick my brain.
What do you do in real life?
I work as a Community/Social Media Manager at an online university. I love love love my job, but don’t know that I want to come back after we have bambino/as. My goal eventually is to be a full-time mommy and blogger. Hopefully that’s possible some day!
I’d like to advertise or host a giveaway on your blog. Help?
Absotootley. The best way to set up a sponsorship or a giveaway is to email me directly. I understand that no two giveaways are the same, so I don’t have any official guidelines.
However, when it comes to advertising and giveaways I have one rule… and no, I will absolutely not budge on it:
The products being advertised or offered as a giveaway must align with the theme of my blog.
If you’re a photographer that charges $10,000.00 per wedding, this site probably isn’t the place for you… likewise if you’re giving away a product or service that isn’t somehow wedding-related. I respect my readers’ interests, and reserve the right to turn down any advertisers or giveaways that don’t align with my brand, and subsequently with my lovely readers’ interests. That’s all.
Did I miss something? Email me!